Monday, November 16, 2009

Period from hell

It started yesterday morning.  I woke up at 4:00 with cramps.  I took some meds and went back to bed.  Woke up again around 7:30.  Told DH that I wasn't up for going to church because I just felt too bad.  Cramps were still there.  He got up and found the leftover dem.erol I had from the egg retrieval.  I took one and soon was in a blissful cloud, unaware of most everything going on around me.  I went back to sleep.

At some point, DH went to Costco.  I woke up when he got home, but fell asleep again right away. 

I finally was really awake around 1:30.  I got up for about 30 minutes, but was still feeling kind of foggy so I went back to bed.  Got up again around 5:30.  Stayed up for an hour and worked on my resume* and then went back to bed where I stayed until this morning.  I could have slept more, but I had to get up and go to work.

The cramps were back in full force this morning.  It felt like there was literally a knife in my uterus.  Not fun at all.  I dragged myself in to work anyway since I've been out so much.  I'm feeling better now that my drugs have kicked in, but I'm still super tired.  I'll probably come home and go straight to bed again.

*I'm applying for a new job.  It's at another company doing about the same thing that I do now.  If I get the job, future IVF plans will be put on hold obviously. 

8 comments:

Jem said...

Ugggh. Thank goodness for pain drugs!

Good luck with your job application!

Jem

Trinity said...

Hope you're feeling better soon! Good luck with your resume and application! :)

Anonymous said...

I hope the drugs keep working and your cramps go away. Good luck on applying to the job.

Nicole said...

Oh yuck. I'm sorry about the torture. Thank goodness for pain pills, especially ones that help you sleep all day so you aren't even aware of the pain. Good luck with the job! Hopefully this period gets a bit easier tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

That sounds horrible. I hope it gets better soon! I hope the job pans out!

(((HUGS)))

Chelle said...

Cramps like that really suck. It is good that you were able to sleep through so much of it though. Thank heaven for heavy meds. I hope they ease up today and that you are able to get more rest.

Good luck with the job!

C said...

You poor thing; that sounds awful. Glad you have some good drugs.

Good luck with the resume and applying for the new job!

I'll be thinking of you!

addingtothepack said...

Ugh. Well that's just about the last thing that you need right now. :( At least you have some good drugs to dull the pain.