Thursday, April 1, 2010

Getting reacquainted with the dildo cam

I decided to go ahead and go back to the doc to start IVF #2 when my period started even though I wouldn't be done with my work certification test. 

That test is next week and I am hoping and praying that I pass it. 

Today was cycle day 3 so I headed back to the RE to get everything checked out.  I'm still waiting on the blood test results, but the ultrasound showed 6 follicles on the left and 4 on the right for a grand total of 10.  Not a great number.  But last time we did IVF I only had 7 so it's better than that I guess.  We had discussed with the RE waiting until we were at a month with more antral follicles.  I don't know exactly how many more though.  So they were going to give the reports to him and let him decide.  I've got a prescription for Nuva Ring ready to be filled if they decide this is the month.

And in other news, I have a job interview tomorrow.  I have no idea what the job pays (since there's no way I can take a paycut), but it would be so nice to get away from my dreadful boss.  I had already taken tomorrow off since DH is off for Good Friday, so that was perfect timing.  I don't have to try to sneak out of work to go to an interview.  I just hope my suit still fits!

Obviously, if I get a new job, IVF will be delayed.  I wouldn't start a new job just to end up knocked up. 

3 comments:

RachelP said...

Good luck with your interview, and keep us updated on what the Dr says about this month for IVF.

kate said...

Best of luck with your job interview! I hope that it goes well. Actually, I hope that everything goes well, that ten antral follicles is enough, OR that they have a plan for getting you to the place where you will have enough antral follicles!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the interview and with your upcoming ivf cycle!