I never expected to get one right away because they're pricey, but yesterday when I came home from work he surprised me with one! He found a good deal at Costco and just decided to pull money out of savings to buy it. (They have a sale going on where we got $200 off). All in all, we got a Nikon camera, carrying case, two lenses, two dvd instruction videos and an extra memory card.
I have no idea how to use it correctly and I have no illusions about becoming a professional level photographer, but I'm excited to learn. Eric has photoshop at work and hopefully today he is going to put it on my laptop. I have no idea how to use photoshop either, but I've wanted to learn for a while.
Anyone have any good websites or blogs dealing with learning digital photography?
Other than that surprise, obviously last night was Halloween. We totally bailed on it last year by turning off the lights and watching scary movies, but this year I actually passed out candy. I even wore my devil horn barrettes and dressed up the dog in his Bumble Bee costume (recycled from last year).
(Not taken on the new camera, this is my crappy phone camera).
6 comments:
What a very nice surprise!! I have a Cannon and I'm stil learning how to use it. I even went up to NY and took a Cannon class for the day. And I have photoshop and have no clue how to use that either!
I LOVE my SLR camera, but I also carry a point and shoot with me because it's way less bulky than the SLR.
Have fun shooting with your new camera. Practice, practice, practice!!
That is one cute puppy!
Maybe a beginner's class? Lots of camera shops & community colleges offer them. Have fun!!
Nice! I totally believe the rare dip into savings for these kinds of splurges are well worth it. Sometimes a little boost like this goes a very long way. :)
And, that is the cuddliest bumble bee I've ever seen! Adorbs!
Hey Brandy,
My name is Adrienne, and I saw your note on Rachel's Grasping For Objectivity blog.
After glancing over your blog, I thought I should share a little bit about myself. I am telling you all this as inspiration and hope it is received this way:
I was diagnosed with very bad stage III endometriosis when I was in high school, involving both reproductive organs and my bladder & intestines. I had an exploratory minimally envasive surgery and then a second laproscopic surgery (10 years ago at age 17). I was on birth control from age 12 and up. I was told that with the surgery there was a small chance that I would be able to have children, but not to get my hopes up.
My husband and I got married in Summer 2009, and though we both wanted children we were aware of the circumstances and knew that adoption would be the likely answer. I remained on Birth Control to help with my cramping.
Around Thanksgiving 2009, I got sick and went to the doctor. Despite my wishes, they insisted on giving me a pregnancy test BEFORE giving me a mega dose of medicine. As it turned out... I WAS PREGNANT! Our son was born in 2010 1 month before our 1 year anniversary. And now, I am pregnant AGAIN!
My sister also has had fertility problems, and after 8 years of trying and 3 rounds of IVF she is pregnant. Her baby is due around Christmas.
I know it is a difficult and emotional journey. The Lord has his own timing. Please don't give up, God knows the desires of our hearts (Psalm 20:4).
I am telling you all this as inspiration
Congrats on the new camera!! I got a DSLR last year and I still haven't learned how to "really" use it. But despite what some people say, just using it on auto really does take so much better pictures than a regular camera. I'd love to learn how to do all of the settings myself, but it's so complicated!
Photoshop, however, is much easier. I LOVE it. If you run into any specific questions, feel free to email me!!
Post a Comment