Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I'm waffling on the going private thing.  I know it's so much easier for people when a blog is public.  I know it is for me since I rely on my google reader so much.  I just forget to check the ones where I actually have to go to the blog link.  Maybe I'll keep this one public, but just edit it to make it more anonymous.  I love that this is my space to lay it all out there where family and "real life" friends don't know.  That sounds awful, but a lot of the stuff I'm feeling would just hurt their feelings because in the end, they don't get it.

So where are we on adoption stuff?  We've turned in our application and are working on the rest of the paperwork.  I've been working on an autobiography for over a week now.  That shit is hard.  I have all of these questions to answer and it's tough.  DH and I both went today for our physicals.  Our doctor was really happy for us and said he thought it was great that we are adopting.  Then he said something that sat kind of funny with me.  He said that we're getting a baby, but we're also saving a life.  I'm not really sure in what context he meant that, like a pro-life thing, or that the baby would have a better lifestyle with us or what.  But it still just felt weird and I didn't quite know how to respond to it.  We want a baby.  We're not doing this to "save a life" as selfish as that sounds.  I'm probably just reading too much into it.  I do that a lot.

We've got fundraising ideas going on the other blog (www.newsonnix.blogspot.com).  I met a friend today and got a carful of stuff for our yard sale.  And she said she has more!!!  So that's all good.

I have lots of other things rolling around in my head, but not quite sure that I'm ready to post about yet.  All of this adoption stuff is so new to us.  It's still kind of sinking in.

I can say that DH has been awesome about this process.  Once we decided that this is what we were doing and we picked our agency, he kind of took over.  He's been organizing all of the paperwork, getting stuff mailed, etc.  He's way more organized than I am, so it's probably a good thing that he's handling all of that.

We're heading down to a wedding shower for one of DH's cousins this weekend.  Who wants to bet that they're going to have a kid before us???  :)

No comments: