Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Show and Tell









Show and Tell

My dog is like my baby, so I've decided to make him the topic of my show and tell this week.

His name is Linus, and he's almost 4 years old. He is half Jack Russell and half Shih Tzu (which makes him a "Jack Shit" according to Eric). He is the most hyper dog I have ever met. He goes running with me and can easily run 10 miles and more and still not be tired.

He has "little dog syndrome" in that he's not afraid of anything. I remember the first time I took him to a dog park, he ran up to the Great Danes to play.

Actually, he is scared of one thing: thunderstorms. He starts shaking uncontrollably if he even hears a car that sounds like thunder. And once he starts shaking, he starts drooling. I might need to get him some doggy anxiety pills at some point.

24 comments:

Kristin said...

OMG...he is the cutest thing ever. I love that Eric calls him a "Jack Shit". We have a dog named Jack and I call him a Jack Leg.

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

4? He totally looks like a puppy!

Jack Shit is the best hybrid name ever.

Lori Lavender Luz said...

His nickname made me snort!

Very cute.

aimeemax said...

He's such a cutie! I love the picture of him on the bed. And your husband's name for him is too funny.

:o)

sassy said...

He is SO cute and I love the Jack Shit comment!!

JB - A.K.A. Jenn said...

He is tooooooo cute!! I bet Linus is a handful at times but after all he IS your baby!!!

....snickering to myself....Jack Shit.....LOL

Me said...

Awwww. Love the photos. I so adore dogs and have two myself. My big one thinks she's little - so it sometimes works in reverse. She'll jump up into my lap without me expecting it ... and she weighs almost 70 lbs. Nice!

Jendeis said...

He is sooo cute! The Boy is little too. I love all dogs, but little dogs are awesome.

Anonymous said...

jack shit...ha!

sooooo cute! Love cute dog pics anytime!

Beautiful Mess said...

OH SOOOOO CUTE! he looks so soft and furry! I just want to snuggle my face into his little neck.

Little dog syndrome cracks me up! Little dogs that act big and tough crack me up. Probably because I'm so short and can relate ;o)
*HUGS*

Anonymous said...

Soooooo cute!!!!

I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and return a virtual hug to you! Love, Fran

*ICLW*

Jessica White said...

He definitely looks like a puppy, and SO CUTE! I love the "jack shit"...too funny.

Our dogs hate thunder too...they hide under my desk or try to climb into our laps.

ICLW# 117

Mrs.Joyner said...

I am big fan of your dog being a "jack shit" and he is so cute!! Also, your wedding dress is/was GORGEOUS!! Congrats on the recent anniversary!!

ICLW

Cara said...

Oh...sooo cute! He has the "Scrappy Doo" syndrome! I love that fight in a little dog. And, our neighbors MUCH BIGGER dog does take anxiety pills for thunderstorms or he's debilitated! Get them...they work!

Mrs. Gamgee said...

love what your dh called him! I think my desire for a puppy is *almost* as strong as my desire for a baby... almost.

Rebekah said...

oh my goodness, sooo cute!!!

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

hi, I am visiting from ICLW...No. 50 to say hello and to check out your blog.
'JS' is LOL and gorgeous.
I wish you luck on your next cycle too.Go Eric !
My Little Drummer Boys

kate said...

Oh, cute! I miss having pets (husband is allergic to both cats and dogs). Sweet pictures!

Michelle said...

OH SO CUTE!!! I have no desire for a pet of my own, but he's adorable!!

areyoukiddingme said...

What a cutie! Having encountered a few Jack Russells and Shih Tzus in my life, I imagine he earns his nickname!

Courtney said...

Your dog is adorable!!!! Good luck with your TTC journey!

ICLW

Katie said...

OMG HE IS SOOOOOO CUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!

I've heard that if a dog makes a huge deal like that about thunderstorms, don't pet and coddle them, they learn they get an award for the behavior even if they grow out of the fear. Just give him a quiet corner or blanket to cover with near you. That always calmed one of our old (100+ lb baby) dogs during storms! I'm not expert, but it seemed to help. Good luck! He's so stinkin cute!

Anonymous said...

Love love love love love him!! What a little cutie!!!
~ICLW~

daega99 said...

He's so sweet! I have two CKCSs and the're both afraid of the sound of fireworks.

ICLW#52