Monday, May 3, 2010

Lots of stuff!

So much to talk about! 

First: We went to the Resolve Family Building Conference in Atlanta this past Saturday.  Eric went mainly to humor me because I wanted him to go, but he said that he actually enjoyed himself and got something out of it.  We got to go to different breakout sessions going over everything from strengthening your relationship, to being an advocate for yourself during the process to talking about different things like Male Factor, and Diminished Ovarian Reserve. 

There was also an Ask the Experts time where you got to have one on one time with REs from the Atlanta area.  It was basically like getting a very quick second opinion.  We have some ideas for a couple of more tests that Eric wants to run.  We got confirmation that the protocol we're doing this time is the right one.  And I got some clarification on Diminished Ovarian Reserve and that I probably have it.  :(  We also got to visit with some local couples that we have gotten to know through Resolve (Kara and Jason and Liz and Brian). 

We had a lot of time to talk on the drive home and we got some things out in the open that had been bothering us individually for a while.  I think we're going to make an appointment with a counselor at our RE's office to continue the discussion on those issues.

Tonight is our local Resolve meeting and I'm excited to go and share everything we learned at the conference. 

We just had our pre-cycle appointment this morning over the phone and tomorrow is my suppression check.  So without further ado, here is the new schedule:

5/6 - Start Mic.rodo.se L.up.ron 2x a day, Dex.amethas.one at night.  Continue both until HCG trigger
5/9 - Start Stim meds: AM: 225 IU F.oll.istim and 75 IU Me.nopur PM: 300 IU F.oll.istim
5/16 - Begin antibiotic
5/18-5/21 - Tentative Egg Retrieval

It's falling at a kind of crucial time at work, but I'm not worrying about it.  My boss knows about it now, and I've told him that the schedule is the schedule.  We have to follow my body, and when it's ready, it's time.  So hopefully he won't be too much of an ass about it.

I also have to start taking the glu.copha.age again.  I'm going to ask them to retest my insulin tomorrow to see if it has gone down any.  Those meds do a number on my stomach.  But if I have to take them, I will.  I'll do whatever it takes to increase the chances of this working.

So that's the update from my little world. 
 

3 comments:

Kara B. Oliver said...

Looking forward to seeing you tonight! Kara's pharmacy will see you there! LOL!!! :)

Chelle said...

It is so cool you got to go to Resolve. Even better that you got to talk to RE's and get a second opinion from them. I bet it was really great.

Hooray for this next cycle! I will be sending all sorts of well wishes and prayers your way.

Anonymous said...

That conference sounds really neat. Glad you both got something out of it. Wow on the Q and A with RE's.