Monday, August 24, 2009

We went

Well, we decided to go visit BIL and nephew yesterday. It was a bit awkward at first. Our nephew is very shy around us still since he doesn't really know who we are.

I was finally the one who brought up the infertility subject. I think his brother felt weird bringing it up around me. So I brought it up and we kind of talked about everything. He didn't offer any advice this time, probably because I was there. I filled him in on all the gory details, including the story of getting a vaginal ultrasound on the first day of my period. I figure if he doesn't know what it feels like to desperately want a child and not be able to have one, he could at least get a little TMI. Is that wrong of me? I am not bashful about sharing stuff like that. I used to be, but really, all girls get a period and most guys live with a girl who has a period. Who cares? It shouldn't be some taboo thing.

Anyway, I'm rambling now. In the end it was an ok visit. I still felt down after we left, but that's normal I guess.

Our next step is to talk to parents about financing. I'm dreading the talk with my dad. I'm hoping to do it this weekend. Ugh.

4 comments:

Lin said...

Glad it wasn't awful, anyway! I agree...there are many thing that I think we should be able to talk about freely that are currently taboo topics! IF is one of those...especially with people who offer their unwarranted advice!

ICLW

Anonymous said...

Good to hear that your visit went well & you were able to talk with your BIL about your IF journey. Hopefully , it will open his eyes a little as to how IF affects you & your Dh.

((((HUGS)))

ICLW

Chelle said...

I would be the same way about TMI. How else is he going to get the point? I just hope he wasn't too dense to not understand that parenting doesn't come easily for everyone.

Unknown said...

Well, it sounds like the visit went much better than it could have.