Wednesday, May 19, 2010


IVF is taking over my life.  I was looking at my wallet today and thought, "that looks a lot like follicles on an ultrasound".  Clearly I've lost it.

I caved and called the doctor to see if I could take anything tonight to help with the aches.  I was miserable last night.  My arms and shoulders of all things were hurting.  The nurse called me back and said that sometimes they'll let you take lor.tab.  I have some leftover so she's going to run it by the doctor and call me back and let me know.  I just need it to get to sleep.  I would have killed for some ambien last night.

Funny moment from yesterday.  I sent Eric to the store over his lunch break to get the enema that I have to do tonight (NOT looking forward to that at all).  Also on the list were Slim Fast (for him) and Fiber Bars (for me).  He said the cashier kind of gave him a weird look.  Better him than me. 

I'm enjoying not having any shots today.  I even got to sleep in (6:30 as opposed to 5:00).  The crick in my neck is almost better too. 

I'm caught up on everything at work too.  Spending the rest of the day looking busy so that my boss doesn't give me anything else to do. 

3 comments:

Life Happens said...

When ordinary things start to look like follicles....Classic sign that IF has consumed your brain!

Good luck with the retrieval!

Anonymous said...

It kinda does look like follicles! I hope your able to take the meds.

kate said...

Ha! It does look like follicles on an U/S!

My doc gave me the clearance to take vico.din during the cycle. As a matter of fact, I think it was standard for a pre-retrieval "get ahead of the pain" dosage.

Here's hoping that your retrieval is as easy and painless as possible and that they get some great eggs from you. 12 is an awesome number of follicles to have!