Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Facebook strikes again

Two facebook surprise pregnancy announcements this week.  Both from people expecting their third.  Jeez.  Spread some of that baby mojo around!  I'm jealous.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous too *hug* My cousin just had her second.

Trinity said...

I've taken a FB vacation. I just can't deal with the pregnancy announcements, birth announcements, and exploding photo albums of babies. I know my limits, and FB pushed me to mine. Oh well... :)

Jem said...

Today one of my colleagues announced he's expecting his second daughter. Way to go, dude. Crying isn't acceptable in the workpace, so I pasted a smile on my face and gave my congratulations.

kate said...

It doesn't stop even when you get pregnant... you still get slammed by the "my kid is SO MUCH MORE AWESOME than your kid" (even before your kid is born). You also get lots of unsolicited advice on what you should or shouldn't do when you are pregnant. And naturally, you still get the constant pangs, the reminder that you didn't get knocked up like everyone else (the side comments about how your husband must be extra virile if you have twins, etc. Um, we have twins because my husband's sperm count sucks and we used IVF/ICSI to overcome it and transferred two embryos...)

So just rest assured. Facebook will continue to knock the wind out of you, even if you do overcome the obstacles of infertility. The pregnancy announcements sting a little less, but it still sucks knowing that all these random people get pregnant with no assistance whatsoever and that they will never appreciate what that means to you. Oh, well.

AmandaM said...

FB is evil, I am a big believer in that.

I wish there was a virtual throat punch icon or button or something for those times. lol

Chelle said...

Stupid InYourFacebook announcements. Its so hard because you want to keep up on people and you know they aren't posting their announcements to be mean (usually), but it can sometimes still hurt. All of my friends from school are on kids 3-4, and thanks to infertility, I just barely had one. It sucks all around.

C said...

Ugh. You poor thing. It's situations like this that make me glad that I don't have FB.

((HUGS))