Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Wow I haven't posted in almost two weeks!  I guess that reflects on my mood.  I've been doing pretty well lately.

I am loving my local Resolve group.  It's a small group, but it seems that our common thread of infertility creates a bond that overcomes all of our differences.  We did something different this past month and all met at a restaurant.  I enjoyed it a lot and left in a good mood.

As far as my resolutions are going, so far so good.  Eric has hopped on the healthy eating bandwagon with me.  And he's joined a running group so we've been running together a couple of times a week.  On other days I've been doing circuit training on my own.  We've cut out all meat.  Soon I'll try to cut out dairy too.  I went on a vegan diet before and it wasn't too bad.  It's just the cheese that gets me. 

We ordered a Vita-Mix and should get it tomorrow.  I gave up my running boot camp to get this.  If not for Christmas money we never would have gotten it.  I've wanted one of these for years and am super excited to get it!  Can't wait to make a green smoothie.

My period was five days late this month.  I had no idea though, because I wasn't tracking this month.  Normally I know I'm about to start because of cramps, but I woke up one morning and went to the bathroom only to find I had started.  I felt like I was in eighth grade again.  And I was wearing my nice panties too!

That means that whenever I start again I can call to get the next IVF cycle going.  Assuming DH is still good with it.  We haven't really talked about it since we decided we were going to do it so I hope he hasn't changed his mind.  I guess I need to talk to him about that tonight...

7 comments:

Trinity said...

Congrats on the Vita-Mix! :) We're on the prowl for a new blender ourselves. I've been using Amazing Grass to supplement my smoothies. Even though the plain and berry mixes have more nutrients in them, the chocolate is my all-time fave. Chocolate Amazing Grass, frozen bananas and hemp milk? Breakfast of champions, dude.

I was vegan for a five years. It was easier than most people think. The cheese IS the hardest part, especially because the soy/rice/etc analogs are no where close to the real thing. Your tastes adjust. Eating out was also difficult, but I found that most ethnic restaurants do a better job of offering up tasy veggie dishes.

Congrats on keeping up with your resolutions!

Michelle said...

Holy cow! That's one hell of a blender!
The Resolve group sounds great! I wish mine was closer to my house.
Good job and your fitness & food goals.
So glad your doing well and haven't had to post to vent!

Chelle said...

The group sounds really awesome. I'm not surprise such a major thread could keep differences from being an issue. Infertility is painful, and it is nice to find others who are going through the same thing to help support you and to support them as well.

I hope the mixer is everything you hoped and more.

I also hope your husband hasn't changed his mind about IVF. Best wishes. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your doing well and enjoying things. I wish they had a resolve chapter closer to me. Awesome job on the running :)

Beckie's Infertile said...

Good for you for sticking to some of your New Years goals! I bet you are part of the rare few who have stuck to them! Keep up the good work!

We ahve a Vita Mix and we LOVE it! That thing can do anything.

Have a great day!

AmandaM said...

Yay for having a Resolve group in your area! I am so glad you have that support.

Your new Vita Mix looks amazing! Hope the rest of the week is great for you. = )

kate said...

I'm glad the Resolve group is going well. I always feel too shy to join official groups like that, but it would have been really helpful over the past few years when I was TTC.

Good job with the running. It's nice to have a partner to run with. I was vegan for about 4 months, at which point, for some reason, my cholesterol levels spiked (something about the body needing certain proteins to process cholesterol? No idea, but it was totally counter to the expected outcome). So even though I eat mostly vegetarian these days, I don't know that i could make a full conversion to veganism. I lived in (and cooked for) a vegan co-op for a while, and that was just HARD. I, like you, am a big cheese fan!

And YAY for the new VitaMix! I am a smoothie-junkie. My personal fave is frozen fruit, juice and a banana with whatever else we have on hand thrown in, but almost always a scoop of unsweetened Spirutein. Yum!

And BOO to having a period start while wearing the fancy drawers! Isn't that always how it is!