I thought I would write about something that is going well for a change. Namely, my job.
I've been at this position for two years now. I work in the Marketing department of a bank doing customer analysis and research. It's a lot of numbers and data, but I like it.
As of a month ago, I am now the senior analyst, meaning that out of the four of us, I've been here the longest. Because of unique circumstances, we've had some high turnover recently AND added an analyst position so the other three have only been here for about 3 months. I'm still learning about our databases and everything that goes with the job, so these guys are totally green. Which means that a lot of the responsibility for projects falls on me. I've had the chance to manage some projects and train the new analysts on how we do things. It's something I can add to my resume that will look really good.
I didn't think I would like being the senior analyst, but right now I'm in a good spot and enjoying it. Or course, there have been days that my work has suffered, namely when waiting on blood test results from the RE's office.
And since talking to my co-worker and my boss's boss about the whole IVF thing I feel much more comfortable here.
Glad something is going well. I hope I didn't just jinx myself!
4 comments:
Congrats on being the senior analyst. I enjoy data, statistics, and databases as well. What computer program do you use?
We use a really antiquated database called MCIS. I'm studying to get my SAS certification, but a lot of the stuff is still done in Access. I absolutely hate Access!
Awesome! Congrats Mrs. Senior Analyst! :-) I'm an analyst, too...occupational injuries, workers' compensation and corporate insurance are my specialties. Small world!
Congratulations!
It's nice to have something else going well to take your mind off of IF occasionally.
Post a Comment