Just got back from our follow-up appointment with the doctor. He thinks that the fact that Eric's testosterone has gone up so much is a good sign and that he's an ideal case for the clomid to work to improve count if it's going to.
He's scheduled to go in sometime next week for a semen analysis to see how it has affected his count. The first tests were 1-2 million. He wants it to be 3-5 million with at least4% normal morphology to go ahead with an IUI. So, really not that much to go up. Think happy sperm thoughts!!
I am going to do the clomid challenge when my cycle starts (it's still delayed from the progesterone). If the semen analysis is good, I need to track my cycle, and I'll get a trigger shot to induce ovulation, and then do the IUI the next day.
I'll have to come up with something to tell my boss. Up until now I've just told him I've had dr. appointments, but I'm going to have to come up with something. I thought about saying that I've been having "female issues" and will have a few appointments because I have to be monitored or something like that. Any suggestions on what I should say? My boss is married, but doesn't have any children and none of the people that work for him have children so he's not the most sympathetic.
8 comments:
I don't think you need to go into specifics with your boss, just let him know you're dealing with a medical issue, and leave it at that.
Good luck with an improved count!
"female issues" is what /i told my boss. it was very much a dont ask, dont tell. they really arent allowed to ask...
hi! I used the phrase "female issues" as well, and my (male) boss said, "Ok, enough said. Do whatever you need to do and just know that I support you." I don't think people actually want details, they just want to know that you're not out shopping :)
(Sorry I've never posted before, but I am a reader!)
Here from LFCA...
I also told my boss that I was having some medical issues, and that I may need to miss some work. I also gave him a heads up that I would give as much notice as possible for the time I'd need, but I wouldn't always know too far in advance.
He was very understanding, and also didn't ask too many questions, other than the "are you ok?"
Hope all goes well for you!
Yeah, I'm with the ladies above: telling him you have a non-life-threatening medical issue that requires occasional monitoring should be enough. You can play the "female trouble" card if he asks for more details (which would be somewhat inappropriate, in my book).
I agree...I would say "medical issues," or maybe "female problems" or something like that if he pushes it. He might leave it alone if you even just say that you may be out on occasion for some tests related to "medical issues."
Here from LFCA...good luck!
'Female issues' has always worked for me. I would let him know what to expect in terms of time away from work, but other than that it's really not his business.
I told my boss (a woman) that I was having trouble related to my period and that I would have to have some appointments that were scheduled last minuted depending on where in my cycle I was.
I'll have to be more up front this time around since she knows about my blog now, but I'm so lucky - she's very understanding.
Post a Comment