Just got the call from embryology. One stopped dividing overnight. It's only at 2 cells right now. They're going to keep it going to see what happens, but it doesn't look good.
The other is at 6 cells and they said it looks perfect. I guess I have to take their word for it. She gushed about how beautiful it was, but that might have been to make me feel better.
So I'm pinning all my hopes and dreams on this one. No pressure, huh? I don't know what I'll do if this doesn't work. Twins are out of the picture now. If it does work, we'll have an only child. If it doesn't, we'll have to somehow come up with the money AGAIN or be content with having no children. I just want to cry!
10 comments:
Did you do the shared risk thing? I hope that the one left does it's job. *fingers crossed*
6 cells by the next day is actually REALLY good, especially if it's not fragmented, etc. (ie: "perfect"). I hope your little fighter makes it through for you! And I really hope you can find a way to not die of stress until then :)
{{{{HUG}}}
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your beautiful embryo. Wishing you ALL the best!
((HUGS))
All it takes is one! Hoping this is it!
Like Astrid said, All it takes is one, and the one you have is looking "beautiful."
Hang in there!
I'm hoping and crossing my fingers that your little perfect 6-cell is dividing like crazy and getting ready to spend the rest of the coming 9 months growing in your belly!!
::hugs::
I am praying like crazy that this perfect embie stays perfect!
Little 6-Cell sounds perfect! I'm sorry the second embryo isn't looking so hot, but I am SO GLAD that you still have one to transfer.
And just because it's something to think about, identical twinning rates are much higher among IVF patients, so there's still a possibility of two! And I know what you mean about having an only child. I'm not sure how we'll handle it if this pregnancy doesn't work, or if it becomes a single pregnancy, because I really don't want to do IVF again, at all. And while I'm not sure I *need* to have more than one child, twins is about the best way I can think for us to end up with more than one-- it makes the decision for us, I guess.
Thinking of you and 6-cell, and hoping things continue well!
Honey, I am so sorry to hear that one didn't make it. I hope and pray the perfect one continues to be perfect. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment