Monday, November 2, 2009

Transfer!

The transfer is complete!

I went into work an hour early today so I could get some stuff done before the appointment.  At 10:30 I chugged my 24 ounces of water and took a valium.  We got to the doc's office and only had to wait a few minutes before they brought us back.  I got prepped and Eric got to put on all the surgical stuff like a gown and facemask and into the room we went.  I'm so glad I took the valium they offered.  I had been tense all day, but felt so relaxed when we got there.

We discussed some things with the doctor before, like why the number of eggs retrieved was so low.  Apparently I have a diminished ovarian reserve, which means I'm running out of eggs way too soon.  I'm only 28 so I should have plenty.  They gave us a picture of the one embryo that made it.  It's at 200 cells right now.  Then they did the transfer.  The worst part was the ultrasound wand pressing down on my bladder.

Then they wheeled me out of the room and I had to lie on the bed for 15 minutes before they would let me up to pee.  And that was it. 

Eric and I went to eat lunch after that and then I came home.  I'm in the bed right now and I think I'm going to take a nap.  That valium made me pretty sleepy.  I hope hope hope that this works!!  If it doesn't, we discussed with the dr. what we would do differently next time in regards to medications, but let's hope it doesn't come to that.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad the transfer went well and the valium helped. I hope it works!

Nicole said...

Oh so exciting :) What a relief to have that done. Now there is nothing to do but take it easy and take your progesterone. Rest rest rest!! I really hope this is it for you! GOOD LUCK!!

Kim said...

congratulations on your transfer, stick little embie!!! best of luck

Circus Princess said...

Thinking SUPER STICKY thoughts :-)

Mom said...

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!

Meredith Brim said...

Good luck!!!

Mrs. McDonald said...

Did you get your little teddy bear? Mine has been behind my pillow since the day of transfer! and I repeated for a long time..."stick baby stick" Praying for you!!

Rebekah said...

Best of luck for you both!

Sally said...

Sending you lots of sticky vibes & wishes... good luck!!! :)

Jem said...

That's so cute that they gave you a teddy bear. Eric looks so proud in the pictures.

Mazeltov!