Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Strep

I have strep.  I've been feeling a little off for a few days now.  Congestion, sneezing a lot.  Last night my throat started hurting.  I looked in the mirror and saw white patches on my tonsils.  So I got an appt first thing this morning.  The strep test came back negative, but it always does with me for some reason.  Last year, DH and I got sick at the same time.  I had the white pustules in my throat.  Eric wasn't as sick as I was.  His test came back positive, mine was negative.  But the dr. is pretty convinced it's strep and is treating it as such.

So I'm at home today.  And my beta is probably going to be Thursday instead of tomorrow because I'll still be contagious tomorrow morning.  I'm waiting on them to call me back and confirm though.  The dr. gave me a class B antibiotic in case by some miracle this IVF cycle worked.  I'm still not feeling it.  Took another test this morning and it was also negative. 

I really love the dr. I saw today (my immunologist), but she said something kind of irritating.  She had a friend who did IVF twice and it didn't work.  After that she started going yoga and relaxed and got pregnant!  I didn't say anything to that, there's really no use.  Plus, I feel like shit so I wasn't up for conversation. 


I think I'm about to go take a nap and sleep the day away.

7 comments:

Astrid said...

My test came back negative too. I guess a part of me hopes it's still early but I've all but given up hope, given when I think the egg tried to implant. I hope it's WAY too early for you and that you start feeling better and get your bfp!

Trinity said...

Blurgh to strep! Hope you feel better soon!

Jen said...

It could be just too early for a BFP, hang in there. Step sounds horrible!

Lin said...

Ugh! on the Strep, and Ugh! on the doctor's comment! :-( Still praying for a BFP for you! FX!

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon and that it's too early to take the test.

Rebekah said...

Ick on strep :( hope you feel better. I HATE the "just relax" crap. And yes, there really isn't any point in saying anything to that - without going into a lot of detail ;)
Hoping for good news for you.

C said...

((HUGS))

I hope you feel better soon. Rest up! I can't believe a doctor told you to do yoga and relax. Horrible.